Toronto, Ontario
2.3K views
2.6
Style and Design

I placed an order for a few things - THEY cancelled the key product that I wanted, and then would not let me cancel the remainder. Now I'm stuck paying shipping costs more than the value of the remaining product.

Their customer service was sympathetic, but did nothing other than suggest that I ship the products back (at my cost) for only a partial refund of the order cost.

Be forewarned - they can remove any product they wish from your order, and you're screwed. There are way better options - stick with Amazon.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Wayfair Pros: Quality and price.

Wayfair Cons: Cancellation policy.

Comments

I tried to cancel something I ordered less than 12 hours after I ordered it, was told the first time, via phone talking with Tierra, it was cancelled and then set up for the other couch that was given to me by a friend to deliver it, then the next day was notified that It was not cancelled after all. Of course I was told I could send it back and pay for shipping, it is a scam when these companies send something this large and we can send back at a rate that costs more than the product itself.

Tierra was great the first time and she was that one that called the warehouse while I was on the phone with her, but the next day not so. It is nice we have computers, but actual customer service takes actual people and in this case the people were over-ridden by a computer. Besides the extra cost I have by not being able to cancel this, there were people inconvenienced by the lack of communication I experienced with my first and what will be my last time I order from this company.

As I have said many times when writing reviews for big corporations, I am myself am a small business person and service is number one for me, so when I do business with others, I want to know I will have good service. This first experience is my last experience due to the lack of customer service and mis-communications.

Thank you everyone for the heads up on this company.

I just saw an ad on TV and thought I'd see if they had wallpaper, which they do.

But, another site also caught my attention, which was this one!!

I think I will completely SKIP this company and find things elsewhere.

Thank you everyone for being honest and taking the time to post your comments!