Style and Design

I ordered a beautiful upholstered bed from Wayfair and it was great until I kept waking up to bites on my arms.I thought I might have been allergic to mosquitos because I never saw a bug in my bed and I have never dealt with bed bugs before plus the bites were only on my arms and forehead.

Then one night I saw a bug in my bed and I called my apartment and they had the pest control come in and they confirmed they were bed bugs and that they had come from the headboard. They didn't find any on the mattress at the time, which I ordered from a different company. But now we had to hire an exterminator to come in and we now have to either vacate the place or live out of bags for six weeks. I have not been able to sleep in my room for going on two weeks now.

I sleep on an air mattress in the living room because I am not able to vacate for that long. I am livid and have been seriously inconvenienced. I called Wayfair and they offered me a refund which was a little too easy and let's me know that the know about this issues.

I will be calling the corporate office and demanding they reimburse me for not only having to pay an exterminator but for me having to throw out a brand new mattress that I bought from somewhere else, also for my medical bills because my arms look like I had chicken pox with all these little black spots, and for any other expense or inconvenience this has caused.They really need to get this problem under control because people are going to stop ordering from them and I have no problem going to social media and letting everyone know about this problem.

This reviewer shared experience about "bed bugs" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $5000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Wayfair and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about mulhouse furniture felisa bed from Wayfair was bed bugs my bed came with, hundreds of bites on my arms and living out of bags for 6 weeks , but reviewer liked dissatisfied. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wayfair.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Wayfair to other companies on our site.

I bought the same bed mull house felisa and have had the bed bugs ever since it came.It was my daughters bed and she stopped sleeping on it.

so we realized these were bed bugs . we got a quote with exterminators and they were so expensive . so we tried getting rid of them ourselves using strong chemicals etc. These bugs infested our other bedroom.

Finally we called the exterminators payed them a fortune and they showed us the bed bugs hiding behind the lining of the head board. we are asked to throw away the bed and mattress. I just emailed wayfair about this and I am waiting for their response. in the meantime i googled if any body else has had the same problem and I saw your post.

i am truly disappointed with wayfair.Do you have any advice for me.

If these complaints are legit, why hasn't one of you posted

your response from Wayfair corporate?

to MJPS #1419773

These complaints are most definitely legit.My response from Wayfair corporate was simply a refund for the price of the headboard, but they gave nothing for the time and money spent eradicating the bugs or the mattress set that we had to dump because of it.

Rather than continuing to fight with them, I’m just spreading the word about their practices.

I guess you get what you pay for but nobody should ever have to go through that when purchasing abrand new piece of furniture regardless of the price point.I will stick to local, reputable furniture stores from this point on.

hey!can you email me?

lyssdolch@gmail.com .we are having a similar issue

i am facing a similar issue. Just wondering, if u ever contacted corporate with this and got anything for extermination etc.

to Ed #1386174

I just ordered a comforter set and think I have bed bugs. Anything happening with these complaints?