Saint Paul, Minnesota

** * * WARNING. BEDBUGS in upholstered headboard.

(Declare Upholstered Panel Bed) * * * *

We received our shipment in 3 different packages. 2 packages were delivered on one day, and the 3rd package was delivered the following day. Directions were terrible and almost impossible to follow. I had to go by the pictures instead of the directions.

It took almost 3 hours for two of us to put the bed together. Overall the bed was very sturdy and looked great! The bed also came with complimentary BEDBUGS. YES, BEDBUGS!

I called Wayfair and spoke directly with a manager, Kellie. She was very nice and professional. She gave me a full refund but she was not able to offer pick-up and disposal of the bedbug-infested bed because we "threw away the packaging." However, she kindly offered me a 10% coupon to use towards my next purchase.

This is my first and last time purchasing from Wayfair. Now my new house is infested with bedbugs and I have to hire someone to come steam clean and fumigate my new house.

Product or Service Mentioned: Headboard.

Reason of review: Bedbugs.

• Furniture wayfair
  • Order Customer Service

Comments

EvilButterfly

Read that some judge ordered you can't do a class action suit against Wayfair, due to the 4500 word legalese - that nobody, bet not even the judge reads, when ordering things online. That it must go to arbitration.

We are going to be boycotting Wayfair and any online provider that bind a consumer with this clause. However, that judge is wrong, and a good atty can help. A common ground upon which courts invalidate otherwise valid arbitration clauses is by finding that the agreement is a “contract of adhesion.” which is a contract—often in small font—prepared by one party with superior bargaining power presented to the other party in a “take-it-or-leave-it” manner. The nature of the contract is such that it raises questions as to whether the weaker party actually consented to its terms.

Therefore a good atty can overturn this arbitration clause, and everyone can still file a CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST WAYFAIR. In discovery, you will undoubtedly find that this product was sold before and returned,and the bedbugs likely came from another owner before you.

When we order things online, we inspect the box and the materials inside OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE, and it we even think there is an issue, (pre-owned) it's returned. Hope this helps.

Dkdolch

I have also had the same issue. Going through it now.

Please contact me at dkdolch@gmail.com. I am talking to a lawyer.

EvilButterfly
@Dkdolch

Hi - make sure your attorney looks into this: A common ground upon which courts invalidate otherwise valid arbitration clauses is by finding that the agreement is a “contract of adhesion.” which is a contract—often in small font—prepared by one party with superior bargaining power presented to the other party in a “take-it-or-leave-it” manner. The nature of the contract is such that it raises questions as to whether the weaker party actually consented to its terms.

There are several other points of law in which you all can have standing to sue.

Therefore a good atty can overturn this arbitration clause, and everyone can still file a CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST WAYFAIR. Hope this helps.