Windsor, Ontario
2.9
Style and Design

I often shop online at Wayfair.ca, on July 15th, I was looking to buy patio furniture, a conversation set to be exact. I surfed the website's numerous pages of patio furniture looking for a good deal. Then I found it! A TK Classic, 7 piece conversation set for $462.00 Canadian. I was so happy. I thought this was too good to be true. I place the order and received confirmation.

On July 18th, I was out for dinner with friends and I took my phone out to show them the conversation set I purchased, only to see "cancelled" by the order. I was totally embarrassed after telling my friend how great of a deal I got from Wayfair.ca.I immediately called Wayfair.ca. I spoke with a representative who looked up the order. She apologized and explained that a pricing error had occurred. I have never had this happen before with any online retailer before. I was really upset that they cancelled my order without any notification or communition. She then said I would be receive an email with an apology and a %15 off discount code. I did not think that was fair and did not equate to what I was going to receive. I asked to speak with a manager. The manager explained and read Wayfair.ca's policy. This is it, so buyers beware!

Order Acceptance"The receipt of an order number or an email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. Wayfair.ca reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any customer. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order. Prices and availability of products on the Sites are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected when discovered and Wayfair.ca reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted). Certain orders constitute improper use of the Sites and the Wayfair.ca Rewards Program described below. Wayfair.ca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Your account may also be restricted or terminated for any reason, at Wayfair.ca's sole discretion."

I told the manager that I felt this policy was extremely unfair to their customers. I asked her how she could return a purchase on my credit card without my consent. The manager told me they don't charge your card until it's confirmed. But in the email Wayfair.ca sent, said it would take two or three days to return my payment back to my credit car. That seemed like a contradiction. The manager and I went back and forth in conversation. She then she agreed to meet me half way, to "try" and find a comparable and suitable conversation set for around the same price.I thought that was fair, until I received the email the next evening with 3 styles of sets that were more expensive, and weren't even the same style or same amount of seating. I emailed her back. I wrote that I did not like the sets. I haven't heard from her in 3 days. I guess the customer is wrong, somehow, in this situation. There are many online suppliers that honour their prices, even if they made a pricing error. I do not usually write reviews good or bad, but I feel like Wayfair.ca's customers should be alerted to Wayfair.ca's policies that are located in the bottom of the page in tiny writing, under Terms and Use. I read through it and it's extremely long and wordy, as for my experience, I am not confident to make purchases at Wayfair.ca. What's a deal and what's an error? I understand mistake a made but you should make an effort to keep the customer happy. I had a feeling it was too good to be true! I was right.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wayfair Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wayfair Cons: Do not stand by pricing, Disinterested, Terms and use policy.

Comments