Canterbury, England
3.0

I ordered a shoe rack - Urban Designs - Cleo Shoe Cabinet. The pictures on their website showed a very appealing and modern looking shoe cabinet.

Having placed the order on 1st Feb, it took them until the 23rd Feb to deliver it. I was thrilled that the furniture came assembled, but it was a totally different story once the packaging was removed. The shoe rack was broken internally, with two of the plastic hinges, that are meant to hold the slats, broken in half. The slats were neatly placed in the shoe rack, meaning that it was broken during assembly.

The shoe rack also had damage to the outside bottom corner and the back was also peeling off. I rang up their customer service who kindly offered a refund, but argued with me that they would not take it back unless it is re-packed in the original packaging. How can one remove a four foot shoe rack without ripping the packaging off is totally beyond me! Nevertheless, everything seems sorted now and I had learned a tough lesson.

I also ordered a carpet from them, they were happy to take the money and then let me know few days later that the carpet was out of stock! To summarize, I would never ever order anything from wayfair.co.uk again.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Wayfair Cons: Being sent defective products.

Comments