Evansville, Indiana
2.8
Style and Design

Purchased 3 boxed of wood flooring that I found on their website a few weeks ago. I visited the site several days in a row with the same price listed ($0.59/sq foot).

There were several variations in color, all listed at the same price. About a week after I ordered, I received an email canceling my order with no explanation. I called their customer service line and was told the price was incorrect and should actually be $1.85/sq ft. That's a 214% increase in price.

I explained that their error ways not my mistake and that they and their flooring supplier should honor the original price. The CS agent wouldn't accept my request but offered me a 10% off coupon code which would still have me paying 182% more than the original price listed. This demonstrates poor website management and a lack of concern for their customers.

I know the cost was minimal but I will never do business with them again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wayfair Flooring.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Wayfair Cons: Failure to sell products at advertised price.

Comments

Why on earth would you expect them to honor the lower price? Most websites including Amazon will not do such a thing and is listed in their policies.

Wayfair is no exception to this either, as they have it listed right in their Terms of Use policy; "Prices and availability of products on the Sites are subject to change without notice.

Errors will be corrected when discovered and Wayfair reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted). Wayfair reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason."