35.2K views

I bought 2 rugs from Wayfair--total cost was $134 with free shipping. The "jute backing" advertised on the website actually meant "no backing at all"--the rugs just slide all over my hardwood floors.

So, it was return time. Unfortunately, I've been spoiled by Amazon.com... Cost of return shipping with Wayfair was $70.00--over HALF the cost of the products in the first place. Yes--Wayfair is going to zap you for all the shipping costs at their UPS prices.

Online retailers like Wayfair need to realize returns are part of the business when customers are buying products sight unseen. Yes, they'll lose money on some transactions; but, they'll stay in business because consumers will have confidence they're not just "gambling" on a product that may or may not suit their needs because they can return goods for no more than the cost of RETURN SHIPPING (but not the retailer's original shipping costs) if they're unsatisfied. Wayfair's customer service people took a "too bad/so sad" attitude.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They need to change or go bankrupt.

Review about: Wayfair Website.

Comments

After reading this horrible return experience, I will NEVER purchase from Wayfair. I will only deal with Amazon.

A Jute rug will require a rug pad on a wood floor...not Wayfairs fault. Customer should have known that.

Another unsatisfied customer ,misleading photo of product, very difficult return policy, high priced shipping costs, will never order from them again !!!

"Backing" is the material that holds the fibers of a rug together. You need a rug "pad"to prevent slipping and sliding.You really should make sure you fully understand something before posting unwarranted, bad reviews.

#1501967

I bought a sideboard that was described as ivory and looked ivory in the picture. When it came it was yellow!!

£50 to return. I won’t be buying from there again either

I returned very poor quality bedspreads and was ripped off by $25.00. I will never do business with these people again. Quality extremely poor.

This is only if you demand money returned directly to your original form of payment that you have to pay small return shipping cost. And that is only if you simply dont like the item.

If something is acctually defective or mis- advertised then no refund fee and direct payment refund is issued.

I acctually had to pay for returns with Amazon on alot of occasions but not with Wayfair ever. Sorry you had this experience, because Wayfair has by far the best customer service.

That’s too bad. They let me keep the item and refunded me 100%

Why should you pay for return shipping when their description wasn't what they said it was? Sounds like it was false advertising to me.

Interesting. I bought a clock from wayfair that didn’t work. And they just told me to keep it and they refunded me.

to Anissa #1436629

This was also my experience. I purchased a floating shelf and it wouldn't assemble correctly, so the told me to donate it or throw it out if I didn't want it.

And they gave me a full refund. Wayfair is definitely hit or miss, but I find customer service to be wonderful.

I agree 100% I'm about return a bed now to them & like you I was spoiled by Amazon but I think I may resort to returning on my own dime through USPS instead of paying over $40 to return a $200 bed. Thanks for this post as I just wanted to say I can relate & I also most likely will never order from them again...

Well jute backing is self explanatory? If you buy a heavy item it’s going to cost more to return that’s just the way it is.

Could you not have brought it to the post office and shipped it cheaper? ***

Thanks for sharing your experience has put me off completely from buying from wayfair

Did you ask for a credit with their company? Credits allow free shipping, and you can use them to purchase something else. That has been my experience.

Wish I’d read these before I bought!! Same experience here.

Ordered four dining chairs in Aug 2016 from Wayfair that arrived looking nothing like the picture on the website. Tried to contact the company about my dissatisfaction to no avail.

Return shipping would've cost as much as the chairs did, so I sold them at a garage sale. Have never bought from Wayfair again and will stick with Amazon from now on

Never will I order from wayfair again!!! Return policy sucks!!!

I just purchased and received a Christmas tree skirt. It does not resemble the description and is fraying something terribly.

But to return their defective merchandise I have to pay shipping costs. Never again will I buy from Wayfair.

DO NOT PURCHSE FROM WAYFAIR. I purchased 4 items from them and of those 4, 3 were all damaged.

They replace your broken item with a another replacement shipped to you ASAP. Second time around, BROKEN AGAIN. Their quality is terrible. They catch you with all these issues them when you are tired of these issues they want to charge you for the return.

NEVER ORDER HERE. THIS SITE IS TERRIBLE. the photos look great, thats where it gets you. Worst site to purchase form.

Also, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM JOSS AND MAIN. That is under the same company.

When one of my replacements was being place, they said they no longer carry that item on Joss and Main (since i purchased under that site), but they do have it under Wayfair.

They wanted me to be charged extra for the difference because it cost more on WayFair than Joss and Main. DO NOT PURCHASE AT THESE WEBSITES.