Resolved
1.3
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 01

I complained again and again to Wayfair. They gave me a small discount and sent a new top door.

Will take over a month for someone to come out and fix the 2 problems but it is scheduled. They also offered to pick the book case up and deliver a new one but after reading reviews we decided not to go that rout because we like the color of the book case even though it is not the best quality. Plus we don't want to start over. Since we are using it as a TV stand in a bed room we decided just to keep it.

We may try to fix the door on our own, if we can, since it will take so long to get some one to come here. But then there is still the sharp staple pieces sticking out on the inside shelf that we can not remove. Needs to be done by a repair person. We will never buy furniture on line again.

Lesson learned. We will not be buying from this company ever again because resolving an issue with them is not easy at all.

Original review posted by user Jun 01

All started when we ordered the Lassiter Book Case from Wayfair on March 10, 2019. I have had numerous phone conversations with them from the time we ordered until the last one from May 30, 2019 that can be seen below.

All you get from this company is the run around. I won’t go into the shipping problems but this company really tests one’s patience. Wayfair is a terrible company. Shop elsewhere!!!

Wayfair promises that if anything is wrong with your product, they will make it right. What they do is find a reason that your product is in fact acceptable so there is no need to fix it. They may offer a return but you will have to pay to ship it back and you have to send it back in the same box packed the way it came. My husband and I of 70 years cannot move a huge book case to a shipping place.

We are not capable of packing that. So, we bought the Lassiter book case. The only door that fit right is the bottom door. They said the 1 cm gap under the top bottom door is normal so no need to send a replacement that won’t fit anyway.

You can see under the door from across the room and the door isn’t even centered from side to side. There is a huge gap on one side and a smaller but large gap on the other side. (see picture below) The next shelf down also has large gaps but is not as large or noticeable. Then the bottom door fits correctly with small gaps all around.

There is sharp staples sticking out inside that we can't remove. Poorly made for what we paid. We paid $800.00 for junk!!!!! The company is difficult to work with from ordering to delivery and forget about getting a problem resolve.

They give you the run around with numerous people involved and promises of phone calls or emails to fix your problem that in the end is never resolved. This was my first and last time I will ever buy from Wayfair. Below is the reply from the account manager. I didn’t ask for the doors to be flush but a huge 1 cm gap is unacceptable.

If the top 2 doors are right then the bottom one is too tight right???? I won't bother asking questions to get more run around. This company upset me enough. So, we should pay money to somehow send a bookcase back.

Be serious. They should send someone out to fix it. That’s what they will do if we were capable of sending it back. This company rips people off daily.

I wish I would have talked to people before I spent $800.00 on poorly made junk. The stories people are telling me are unbelievable but now that it has happened to me, I believe it. Don’t fall for their false advertisement and fake pictures. Shop at a more reputable place.

Below is the reply from account manager who was supposed to resolve the problem with the doors: "Thanks for adding the photos. I have contacted the manufacturer of the bookcase and they have confirmed that none of the sides of doors are supposed to be flush against the frame so as to allow for movement without wearing the finish down on the frame. I can see that the spaces are a little different on each and if I send a replacement it will be the same or similar.

I am sorry that I don’t have different news for you on this situation. If you would like to discuss return options or have any other questions, please let me know."

Product or Service Mentioned: Loon Peak Bookcases.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Need a top door that fits in the same color and the sharp staples removed..

Wayfair Pros: Some of the customer service reps, Friendly customer service.

Wayfair Cons: Acount managers, Gave me a run around.

• Wayfair rip-off