Chicago, Illinois
2.4
Style and Design

This company uses unfair credit practices and tactics! I missed a two payments 100% my fault , my computer crashed and I couldn’t get into the account on my phone .

The company reported to the credit reporting agencies for a missed payments on a very low balance. My credit dropped 101 points due to this report. I paid the amount off and requested to have the mark removed from my credit report. I was told to put the request in writing and mail it in.

Of course the letter was never received. Before I could send another letter I received a letter telling me because my credit score decreased and my total debt was higher my credit line was reduced to $100. WOW! Meanwhile,

I have victoria secret credit card with Comenity (same company as Wayfair), and my credit limit was raised.

My lesson is if you complain the retaliation is brutal !

Totally unfair practices and tactics. I chanced the credit card and filed a complaint with the BBB!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wayfair Credit Card.

Comments

ErraticSaurian517

You couldn't use a friends or family members computer to make your payments? I'm pretty sure your local library has computers also.

What did you expect? A pat on the back for being two months in arrears on your account? I suspect it was in the terms that you agreed to that you would be reported to the credit bureau on late payments. Paying off your account doesn't cancel the fact that you missed the payments.

Use your brain in the event something goes wrong with your computer again.

Having a back up plan to pay online debts would solve an issue such as this. Your credit rating dropped due to your own negligence.

@ErraticSaurian517

Well if you are so smart and wonderful why are you posting on this site and this particular post?Hmmm , I wonder if you work for the company and get a bonus for your post?

@ErraticSaurian517

Now that was funny but accurate assessment