6.2K views

I received my Clique headboard on June 30, 2016. It was delivered to my home in San Diego, and judging from the quick delivery I believe it came from a warehouse in Southern Cal, maybe even San Diego.

I installed the headboard, and the next day woke up with a couple of bug bites. Didn't think much of it. The following morning I was covered i n bites, and found a tiny bed bug on crawling on my stomach. Went to urgent care on July 4th (yesterday) and they verified it was bed bugs - so my wife and I spent all of July 4th ripping the mattresses off, spending about $200 on insecticides, mattress covers, etc., spraying poison through out our bedroom, and washing everything in hot water, drying on extra high heat.

Wasted holiday. I called Wayfair this morning and complained, they instantly said no problem, they'll refund my money. I think Wayfair knows of this problem, as they didn't seem surprised.

Now I am just praying that we nipped it in the bud and don't have to hire a exterminator, etc. Going to report this to the State as well, since an online complany is essentially spreading bed bugs.

Reason of review: Bed Bugs!.

Preferred solution: Pay me for the cleaning products that I had to purchase to get rid of the bed bugs.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 05, 2016.

Comments

Same happen to my son and myself in two separate homes same thing. Disgusted and a fight to even get money back. Two grey fabric head boards as well as I’ve read of others and a couch.

STILL happening!! My friend also just purchased a grey fabric headboard from Wayfair that arrived with a horrific bedbug infestation, at the end of August, 2018!

It has cost him hundreds & hundreds of dollars & SO MUCH of his time & ALL of his sleep. I can NOT believe I am reading how long this has been going on!!

And they continue to infest more & more homes. They should be shut down!

Oh no, I purchased a headboard for my parents after getting rid of some bedding and noticed bedbugs. I wasn't sure about what they were but I see them more and more now...

I'm washing everything and buying spray!

What a pain!!! They never had these before and their bedding was old.

We received a rug this past week and I think we may have bed bugs from it.

That is some terrifying *** I will never order anything dealing with upholstery from Wayfair after reading this review. I've know people with bed bugs and I've heard about bed bugs and I've always been terrified of having bed bugs in my bed or in my room or in my house period.

It's quite frightening because they're so hard to get rid of from my understanding and you have to get it professionally exterminated at least a couple of times and by taking other actions as the couple did but why go through all of that... I just rather order nothing dealing with upholstery from Wayfair's Warehouse.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through that ordeal dealing with bed bugs. Nothing like getting bit up in the middle of night to disturb your sleep!

This happened to me!! From Wayfair headboard!!

OMG! I had the same thing happen to me!

I bought a headboard from Wayfair, and a few weeks later, found bedbugs in my bed and they were crawling in and out of the headboard! Unfortunately, I was not as lucky as this person, I had to have my whole apartment treated - multiple times and it was a high stress nightmare! It has been over a year, and I am still traumatized by this experience. I did not contact the company at the time, I just threw the headboard out.

Since then, I have been paranoid about purchasing anything like that on the internet, especially from Wayfair. You have to check all cardboard boxes and packages that come into your place, cause you don't know where they are coming from and if they might be infested.

to K. Poetzsch2018 #1444673

I feel your pain and I am very sorry. Mine was in October and until this weekend, I have been sleeping in the couch in the living room.

Even with it being bombed, I would not sleep in there.

I spent hours this weekend vacuuming, scrubbing and steam cleaning and I think I may be ready to put my new bed in there. I honestly just want to sell the house.

I ordered two upholstered headboards one delivered to CO and one to NY SAME BED BOTH HAD BED BUGS AND WAYFAIR WANTS UNREASONABLE DOCUMENTATION I GAVE UP. OUT A $1000 because I threw beds away. THEY WILL NOT REFUND ME MY MONEY.

to Kimberly 3371 #1375675

I just had the same issue. Please email me at dkdolch@gmail.com.

I think if we all get together we could have a class action suit. I have contacted a lawyer and I am currently dealing with Wayfair.

to Dkdolch #1577321

Did anything come of us?

I wish I could put pictures up in here but if they don't give me my money back and pay for my mattress and box spring. I'm taking it to the news these things been eating me alive.

This also happened to me. I purchased an upholstered headboard from Wayfair in June 2017, by Mid-August we were noticing trails of bites on us.

I live in a brand new home, and have never had bed bugs before. I thought they were mosquito bites until I saw a bug crawling on my sheets. Snapped a photo and confirmed it was a bed bug. Horrified, I googled everything about them and looked around my bed to find the problem - looked in all the "typical" hiding places with no sign of the bugs...

until I checked the headboard. We immediately destroyed and disposed of it and called Wayfair. The customer relations manager did not seem one bit surprised, and even knew the bed bug protocol off the top of her head, and issued me a refund immediately. My question is - what about the money and time that I spent eradicating the problem?

I will never purchase from Wayfair again, and I hope this helps anyone who is considering it. Please shop elsewhere!!

to Anonymous #1375676

I just had the same issue. Please email me at dkdolch@gmail.com.

I think if we all get together we could have a class action suit. I have contacted a lawyer.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1256478

This happened to me as well. Received mine about mid July (shipped to Canada) and assembled it 2 weeks later.

Woke up with rashes and what looked like welts (and would later look like tiny *** marks). Went to the clinic instantly and they were unsure what it was but advised that it might be due to an allergic reaction since I'd just gotten a vaccination a couple of days prior. Another thing I'm pissed about because how did they not know? I've never had bed bugs before so that's the last thing I would have ever thought of.

They gave me 20 pills to take once a day until I no longer showed signs of the "reaction". I imagine that since they were antihistamines whenever I got new bites, I did not notice. It was only after I stopped taking these pills and kept noticing these bumbs that I thought maybe they were bug bites. Basically tore my bed apart analysing my mattress and found nothing.

I kept on onsessively tearing my room apart and cleaning it and it was only about 3 weeks later, that after doing a clean, I saw something crawling on the wall and yup it was a bed bug. Never thought they would have come with the bed frame but now it all makes sense. I'm beyond frustrated.

What a waste of money. Mine was the mariabella bed frame.

to Anonymous Richmond, Virginia, United States #1347751

I had the same exact problem with them. Mine and your story are exactly the same. Word for word

to Anonymous #1375677

to Dkdolch #1481645

I just found out I have bed bugs after buying two rugs and comforter set from wayfairMichellemichelletackett71@yahoo.com

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1208159

I received mine on May 25th and I just saw them for the first time yesterday. I am livid!

I have been getting bites but thought they were mosquito bites this entire time.

My skin is crawling as I type. I am so upset!

to Leli #1375678