11.2K views

I received my Clique headboard on June 30, 2016. It was delivered to my home in San Diego, and judging from the quick delivery I believe it came from a warehouse in Southern Cal, maybe even San Diego.

I installed the headboard, and the next day woke up with a couple of bug bites. Didn't think much of it. The following morning I was covered i n bites, and found a tiny bed bug on crawling on my stomach. Went to urgent care on July 4th (yesterday) and they verified it was bed bugs - so my wife and I spent all of July 4th ripping the mattresses off, spending about $200 on insecticides, mattress covers, etc., spraying poison through out our bedroom, and washing everything in hot water, drying on extra high heat.

Wasted holiday. I called Wayfair this morning and complained, they instantly said no problem, they'll refund my money. I think Wayfair knows of this problem, as they didn't seem surprised.

Now I am just praying that we nipped it in the bud and don't have to hire a exterminator, etc. Going to report this to the State as well, since an online complany is essentially spreading bed bugs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Headboard.

Reason of review: Bed Bugs!.

Preferred solution: Pay me for the cleaning products that I had to purchase to get rid of the bed bugs.

Comments

OMG! I had the same thing happen to me!

I bought a headboard from Wayfair, and a few weeks later, found bedbugs in my bed and they were crawling in and out of the headboard! Unfortunately, I was not as lucky as this person, I had to have my whole apartment treated - multiple times and it was a high stress nightmare! It has been over a year, and I am still traumatized by this experience. I did not contact the company at the time, I just threw the headboard out.

Since then, I have been paranoid about purchasing anything like that on the internet, especially from Wayfair. You have to check all cardboard boxes and packages that come into your place, cause you don't know where they are coming from and if they might be infested.

to K. Poetzsch2018 #1444673

I feel your pain and I am very sorry. Mine was in October and until this weekend, I have been sleeping in the couch in the living room.

Even with it being bombed, I would not sleep in there.

I spent hours this weekend vacuuming, scrubbing and steam cleaning and I think I may be ready to put my new bed in there. I honestly just want to sell the house.

I ordered two upholstered headboards one delivered to CO and one to NY SAME BED BOTH HAD BED BUGS AND WAYFAIR WANTS UNREASONABLE DOCUMENTATION I GAVE UP. OUT A $1000 because I threw beds away. THEY WILL NOT REFUND ME MY MONEY.

to Kimberly 3371 #1375675

I just had the same issue. Please email me at dkdolch@gmail.com.

I think if we all get together we could have a class action suit. I have contacted a lawyer and I am currently dealing with Wayfair.

to Dkdolch #1577321

Did anything come of us?

to Dkdolch #1629465

That is what all of you should do. Sue them, I would.

Get together, and do this. Dont back down or it will never stop. Obviously Wayfair hasn't stopped using this manufacturer and doesn't care about their customers.

I would make sure you get everyone in on this that's going through this. Good for you for standing your ground.

I wish I could put pictures up in here but if they don't give me my money back and pay for my mattress and box spring. I'm taking it to the news these things been eating me alive.

This also happened to me. I purchased an upholstered headboard from Wayfair in June 2017, by Mid-August we were noticing trails of bites on us.

I live in a brand new home, and have never had bed bugs before. I thought they were mosquito bites until I saw a bug crawling on my sheets. Snapped a photo and confirmed it was a bed bug. Horrified, I googled everything about them and looked around my bed to find the problem - looked in all the "typical" hiding places with no sign of the bugs...

until I checked the headboard. We immediately destroyed and disposed of it and called Wayfair. The customer relations manager did not seem one bit surprised, and even knew the bed bug protocol off the top of her head, and issued me a refund immediately. My question is - what about the money and time that I spent eradicating the problem?

I will never purchase from Wayfair again, and I hope this helps anyone who is considering it. Please shop elsewhere!!

to Anonymous #1375676

I just had the same issue. Please email me at dkdolch@gmail.com.

I think if we all get together we could have a class action suit. I have contacted a lawyer.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1256478

This happened to me as well. Received mine about mid July (shipped to Canada) and assembled it 2 weeks later.

Woke up with rashes and what looked like welts (and would later look like tiny *** marks). Went to the clinic instantly and they were unsure what it was but advised that it might be due to an allergic reaction since I'd just gotten a vaccination a couple of days prior. Another thing I'm pissed about because how did they not know? I've never had bed bugs before so that's the last thing I would have ever thought of.

They gave me 20 pills to take once a day until I no longer showed signs of the "reaction". I imagine that since they were antihistamines whenever I got new bites, I did not notice. It was only after I stopped taking these pills and kept noticing these bumbs that I thought maybe they were bug bites. Basically tore my bed apart analysing my mattress and found nothing.

I kept on onsessively tearing my room apart and cleaning it and it was only about 3 weeks later, that after doing a clean, I saw something crawling on the wall and yup it was a bed bug. Never thought they would have come with the bed frame but now it all makes sense. I'm beyond frustrated.

What a waste of money. Mine was the mariabella bed frame.

to Anonymous Richmond, Virginia, United States #1347751

I had the same exact problem with them. Mine and your story are exactly the same. Word for word

to Anonymous #1375677

to Dkdolch #1481645

I just found out I have bed bugs after buying two rugs and comforter set from wayfairMichellemichelletackett71@yahoo.com

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1208159

I received mine on May 25th and I just saw them for the first time yesterday. I am livid!

I have been getting bites but thought they were mosquito bites this entire time.

My skin is crawling as I type. I am so upset!

to Leli #1375678

Fishkill, New York, United States #1206361

At first, this headboard with frame was spectacularly classy. 2-3 days later, however, I woke up with bug bites on my arm, forehead, and hands.

My doctor confirmed that they were bed bugs. FYI my mattress was also brand new from Wayfair. Boy, was I excited for my first new bed. The exterminator is scheduling to eradicate the bed bugs, which is expensive but necessary.

I'm only writing this review for future customers. I have called Wayfair to notify them of the problem, but all that they advised was for me to get in touch with their supplier (in Vernon, CA), however my business is with Wayfair itself, not the supplier. I liked Wayfair's service, and I hate to write this review. But I'm only doing this to protect other people.

If anyone has a similar problem, please contact me. (vaj2112@tc.columbia.edu)

to Anonymous Essex County, New Jersey, United States #1206761

Bought a mattress this past July and had it sent to a new apartment I was about to move into. The night I moved in I saw a big black bug on the wall and had to move out right away because my boyfriend said it was a bed bug.

The landlord hired an exterminator/bed bug expert who said there were only bedbugs in the mattress I had purchased.

I wasn't convinced of that, however after reading yours and other recent complaints I feel this might be true and am ready to take some legal action. Anyone else have this problem with Wayfair this summer?

to Anonymous #1340650

This just happened to me.

to Anonymous #1375679

to Anonymous #1481649

I have just discovered bed bugs after buying two rugs and comforter set from wayfair I’m so upset it is going to cost so much and I have removed most people f my belongings out of my housemichelletackett71@yahoo.com