Tampa, Florida

I purchased an artificial Christmas tree on October 7, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. I then canceled my order 20 minutes later at 10:53 a.m.

I received an email from Wayfair.com at 10:54 stating that my cancellation request had been received, and that I would receive an email within 1 business day as soon as they receive confirmation that item was successfully canceled. This is 20 minutes later. Well, I did not receive an email from them within 1 business day as their email said. I received that email 4 days later, on October 11, 2016 at 10:58 a.m.

Not only did I not receive the first email, this second email of October 11th said "unfortunately, we were unable to cancel your item because item had already been shipped." NOTHING HAD BEEN SHIPPED. I canceled 20 minutes after placing the order. They are lying! I then received yet an other email on October 11th at 11:05 a.m.

stating "Your order has shipped." Stay with me. This is 4 days later. According to them, the reason why they couldn't cancel my order was because it had been shipped on Friday, when I first placed the order." Well, which one is it? Was it shipped on Friday or was it shipped on Tuesday, October 11th?

I called their customer service number, and they were very short and rude. This guy did not want to listen to me. I explained to him that I canceled the order 20 minutes after placing it, and received a confirmation email stating same. He said "oh, that was just a mistake.

The order couldn't be canceled because it had already been shipped." I said "how can that be? I canceled 20 minutes later?" He proceeded to say "this is what our computer shows." I said "well, why is it that I just received 2 emails from Wayfair.com stating that they couldn't cancel my order, and then another one stating the the order had just shipped? Again, he did not want to listen to me. I told him, I do not want this order, I canceled within the allotted time.

What are you going to do? He said "just send it back, but you'll have to pay the return shipping cost which is $35. I almost fainted. I said "I am not going to pay for return shipping cost for something that was an error on your part." He said "I'll just print out a return label and email it to you." And that was the entire conversation.

I was flabbergasted and beyond frustrated. Wayfair's customer service is awful. They do not care about their customers, all they care is about taking your money. I cannot believe at this day and age, there are companies that are total fraud.

I checked my emails a few minutes later and, of course, there's an email from them with their return label, and the amount of $35 deducted from the price of the item. Wayfair.com is awful!

Please do your research before ordering anything from this company. You'll soon regret it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wayfair Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Wayfair Cons: Awful experience.

Comments

I'm just beginning the same road. Very frustrated. Wish I would have read this first.