Sandy Hook, Connecticut

I ordered a patio set from Wayfair and they had several items also listed at some really good prices. They confirmed my order and then two days later cancelled it saying it was a pricing mistake.

Um, then you had several pricing mistakes because many of the sets were marked down! I asked them to honor their price mistake since I paid in good faith but they declined. Not good practice, Wayfair, not good practice.

You would think a large company would stand behind what they publish but I have read online that they continue do this practice. Is there any law that says if they accept your payment, it is then a contract for purchase?

Product or Service Mentioned: Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Same thing just happened to me. I bought some hardwood flooring and now 2 days later, I get an email saying the price was a mistake and I'll be getting a refund.

What a waste of time. I even called in to make my original purchase and got an email with a quote for the total amount of hardwood I would need for the rest of my house.

Wayfair is a joke.

I won't be visiting the site again let alone purchase something again. Not worth my time.

We have had the same experience.

Their T&C's give them the right to cancel at any time. That is fine when it is truly a mistake. However actually advertised our product 2 different times at similar and substantial discount.

The customer complained and they refused to honour relying on a mistake excuse.

We bought it 3 months later and the result.

At this time we will notify the Competition Bureau and register a complaint.

Same problem with my last 3 purchases. They advertise a price which is not correct, we process the order, they cancel.

What a waste of time.

Checking with lawyer to see if this is legal in Canada.