Nome, Alaska
1.2K views

I went to order some under-bed storage solutions which were priced really well.When I placed the first item in my cart I noticed that the price wasn't what it should have been, but figured it was showing the non-sale price.

Anyway, I put two more things in my cart totaling $54.and some change. Imagine my surprise when the total bill was $145.00!!! Yep, $90 in shipping costs! I live in Rural Alaska, but the fact is that the shipping to here is exactly the same as to anywhere in the lower 48.

Amazon does free shipping. Wayfair totally lies in their commercials when they say shipping is free.

They are a rip off.I will never shop with them.

TweetKateR wrote the review because of "shipping charges" at Wayfair. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $90 and wants Wayfair to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was shipping charges. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wayfair underbed storage solutions for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Wayfair?

Comments

Juneau, Alaska, United States #1250153

I live in Alaska and I know how much it sucks.The reason most shipping to Alaska or Hawaii is more because most items to Alaska have to be barged, and all items to Hawaii have to be barged, which costs a bit.

I hate the fact that that is how it is, but it is only because it is harder to get to some locations.Either stop ***, or move to the lower 48.

Palmer, Alaska, United States #1238026

Ur right...Wayfair sucks because they treat Alaskans like aliens.You advertise free shipping then charge us 30% -40% more to ship to this part of the U.S.

excuse me ...Hawaii and Alaska are part of the USA.Guess the Wayfair folks flunked geography and U.S History!

Anchorage, Alaska, United States #1236738

I also live in alaska.I am very familiar with being gouged for shipping.

Companies would do well to include Alaska and Hawaii in their free shipping, because they are losing business two places that do.Here is a link to tons of companies that have free shipping to Alaska.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States #1180866

Thanks, I have run into that many times with other sites too."Free shipping within the continental US"....

Then they won't ship to Alaska.What continent do they think we are a part of?