2.2
Style and Design

Yesterday I ordered an area rug for my home.I thought I had gotten a steal of a deal considering the price was $32.99 for a 9 x 12 indoor outdoor rug.

I placed my order and received a confirmation number and estimated delivery date of May 3. Yes, obviously this deal was too good to be true. I found an email message from PayPal this morning refunding my $$$ from Wayfair and a message from Wayfair stating that the price of the item had been listed incorrectly and they had cancelled my order and refunded my $$$. They also included a 15% off coupon for future purchases - which I won't be using!

Today I see that the carpet has been relisted on the Wayfair site for $305.71!

Really aren't online merchants suppose to honor prices listed even if it was done in error?

If I go to a local store and a clerk has listed an item incorrectly they have to honor the price whether they like it or not. Yes, this actually happened to me before at a local drug store where a clerk had run around placing 75% off tags on merchandise by mistake and the manager did honor these purchases. I thought it was actually called false advertising to list and item for a certain price and not honor that price or not have the actual merchandise on hand.

When I found this site about Wayfair tonight I was shocked to see how may complaints they had against them for dishonest practices.Guess I will be shopping at Amazon where I receive my merchandise in two days and don't have to deal with this type of unprofessional dishonest behavior.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of charlton home schofield area rug. Wayfair needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned charlton home schofield area rug in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wayfair.

Had an Experience with Wayfair?

Comments

Flat Rock, Alabama, United States #1266891

The same thing just happened to me. Poor business practice.

It's a common misconception, but retailers are not obliged to honour places that are mistakenly placed on items.

As a customer service rep for one of the largest retailers I can tell you unequivocally, you're just wrong headed. People make mistakes and if you read disclaimers. you'll see they have a right to correct those mistakes.

oh gosh you are one of those customers.