Wayfair Hazelwood Chairs Review

6 of 322 Wayfair reviews

Update added by user Nov 19

...I ordered 16 chairs as advertised. I received 4 chairs, not the 4 sets of 4 chairs as offered.

Original review posted by user Nov 19

So, I ordered 16 chairs for Thanksgiving.CLEARLY advertised.

The manager nicely agreed that it was a listing error on their part but that their disclaimer exonerates them. This is simply not cool.

I get that a disclaimer is needed in this era of sue happy people but right is right and wrong is wrong.The fact that Wayfair is admitting that they are 100% wrong in what they offered and not willing to make it right is, again, simply not cool.

So much for my excitement over temporary chairs (I expected them to be cheap plastic) for our big Thanksgiving Day dinner :(

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Hazelwood Chairs
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #958125 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Wayfair? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
6 of 322 Wayfair reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 23 #1245135 Fremont, California, United States

The exact same thing happened to me. Now I'm stuck with only 4 chairs that I want to return because I have no use for only 4 chairs. Wayfair wants me to pay shipping to send the chairs back to them despite the fact that I emailed customer service when ordering to confirm that I would be receiving 16 chairs! They may have a disclaimer on their website for false advertisement, do they have one for their customer service replies as well?!

1 0 Reply

Nov 23 #1245139 Fremont, California, United States

FTC states "Disclaimers and disclosures must be clear and conspicuous. That is, consumers must be able to notice, read or hear, and understand the information. Still, a disclaimer or disclosure alone usually is not enough to remedy a false or deceptive claim." I do not believe even a disclaimer can help them with the fact that customer service straight out lied about the number of chairs.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.