Update by user Nov 19, 2016

...I ordered 16 chairs as advertised. I received 4 chairs, not the 4 sets of 4 chairs as offered.

Original review posted by user Nov 19, 2016

So, I ordered 16 chairs for Thanksgiving.CLEARLY advertised.

The manager nicely agreed that it was a listing error on their part but that their disclaimer exonerates them. This is simply not cool.

I get that a disclaimer is needed in this era of sue happy people but right is right and wrong is wrong.The fact that Wayfair is admitting that they are 100% wrong in what they offered and not willing to make it right is, again, simply not cool.

So much for my excitement over temporary chairs (I expected them to be cheap plastic) for our big Thanksgiving Day dinner :(

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). YvetteRE is overall dissatisfied with Wayfair and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wayfair.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Wayfair to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wayfair?

Comments

Fremont, California, United States #1245135

The exact same thing happened to me.Now I'm stuck with only 4 chairs that I want to return because I have no use for only 4 chairs.

Wayfair wants me to pay shipping to send the chairs back to them despite the fact that I emailed customer service when ordering to confirm that I would be receiving 16 chairs!

They may have a disclaimer on their website for false advertisement, do they have one for their customer service replies as well?!

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1245139

FTC states "Disclaimers and disclosures must be clear and conspicuous. That is, consumers must be able to notice, read or hear, and understand the information. Still, a disclaimer or disclosure alone usually is not enough to remedy a false or deceptive claim." I do not believe even a disclaimer can help them with the fact that customer service straight out lied about the number of chairs.