Wayfair - Weird color policy.. Got a pop up ad for a patio umbrella, then---
We were interested in purchasing a patio umbrella-so followed the link which showed a whitish umbrella advertised on sale at just over $100 CDN...On the first pop up page (https://www.wayfair.ca/Darby-Home-Co--DBHC4548-L127-K~DBHC4548.html?refid=TP446-DBHC4548) it showed the same umbrella with the advertised price.
Clicked on the pic and it changed to a lime green version at that price. also showed other color versions so we looked at them and decided on the red version and put it in the "cart" then at check out the price had changed to 138$. Assuming an error i went back to all the color versions and found that-although identical in every way the prices were all different for the various colors. AND in fact the white one shown in the page referenced above was $162.99 (!!!!).
So , misleading advertising at the least- and selling identical items (in every way but color) is something ive never seen before. Next morning, i called customer service to verify this is in fact how Wayfair Canada does business, and got a semi-hostile and argumentative justification ( ie.manufacturers may charge a different price for different color materials-really? to justify a $60 difference between white and lime green???) from customer rep "brandy". I ended the call by leaving my phone number and saying if wayfair would sell the red one at the advertised price of $100.99 , i would buy it.
i never heard back from anyone. So no business and nothing but bad vibes from this regular online shopper. Welcome to Canada--After this bizarre experience im predicting you will soon go the way of Target here.
No reason to shop with you guys price wise,(i see other examples of identical items-specifically an ottoman i also looked at, substantially cheaper at another large online retailer), or customer "service" wise.good luck.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Not a single thing
What I disliked
- Everything on experience
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "i called this company wayfare.com to place a order for bed and mattress. I spoke to their representative and he send me the final product information with price and picture..."
- "Big thumbs down to the BC Road safe Inc ( Traffic Control Company) employee who decided to park in a handicap zone in company vehicle. She absolutely ignored..."
- "FashionMia sent me the wrong product in June 2016. When contacted, FashionMia told me I did order the item received. I emailed back to FashionMia the order confirmation..."
- "Ordered a Money Tree with a manicured Feng Shui look, what was received was a plant that was too big for the container. It was not planned into the container...."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."