We were interested in purchasing a patio umbrella-so followed the link which showed a whitish umbrella advertised on sale at just over $100 CDN...On the first pop up page (https://www.wayfair.ca/Darby-Home-Co--DBHC4548-L127-K~DBHC4548.html?refid=TP446-DBHC4548) it showed the same umbrella with the advertised price.

Clicked on the pic and it changed to a lime green version at that price. also showed other color versions so we looked at them and decided on the red version and put it in the "cart" then at check out the price had changed to 138$. Assuming an error i went back to all the color versions and found that-although identical in every way the prices were all different for the various colors. AND in fact the white one shown in the page referenced above was $162.99 (!!!!).

So , misleading advertising at the least- and selling identical items (in every way but color) is something ive never seen before. Next morning, i called customer service to verify this is in fact how Wayfair Canada does business, and got a semi-hostile and argumentative justification ( ie.manufacturers may charge a different price for different color materials-really? to justify a $60 difference between white and lime green???) from customer rep "brandy". I ended the call by leaving my phone number and saying if wayfair would sell the red one at the advertised price of $100.99 , i would buy it.

i never heard back from anyone. So no business and nothing but bad vibes from this regular online shopper. Welcome to Canada--After this bizarre experience im predicting you will soon go the way of Target here.

No reason to shop with you guys price wise,(i see other examples of identical items-specifically an ottoman i also looked at, substantially cheaper at another large online retailer), or customer "service" wise.good luck.

Review about: Wellfleet Market Push Tilt Umbrella By Darby Home Co.

I liked: Not a single thing.

I didn't like: Everything on experience.

1.4
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Wayfair?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.