Wayfair - Weird color policy.. Got a pop up ad for a patio umbrella, then---
We were interested in purchasing a patio umbrella-so followed the link which showed a whitish umbrella advertised on sale at just over $100 CDN...On the first pop up page (https://www.wayfair.ca/Darby-Home-Co--DBHC4548-L127-K~DBHC4548.html?refid=TP446-DBHC4548) it showed the same umbrella with the advertised price.
Clicked on the pic and it changed to a lime green version at that price. also showed other color versions so we looked at them and decided on the red version and put it in the "cart" then at check out the price had changed to 138$. Assuming an error i went back to all the color versions and found that-although identical in every way the prices were all different for the various colors. AND in fact the white one shown in the page referenced above was $162.99 (!!!!).
So , misleading advertising at the least- and selling identical items (in every way but color) is something ive never seen before. Next morning, i called customer service to verify this is in fact how Wayfair Canada does business, and got a semi-hostile and argumentative justification ( ie.manufacturers may charge a different price for different color materials-really? to justify a $60 difference between white and lime green???) from customer rep "brandy". I ended the call by leaving my phone number and saying if wayfair would sell the red one at the advertised price of $100.99 , i would buy it.
i never heard back from anyone. So no business and nothing but bad vibes from this regular online shopper. Welcome to Canada--After this bizarre experience im predicting you will soon go the way of Target here.
No reason to shop with you guys price wise,(i see other examples of identical items-specifically an ottoman i also looked at, substantially cheaper at another large online retailer), or customer "service" wise.good luck.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Not a single thing
What I disliked
- Everything on experience
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "Currently I'm building out a new office so I'm buying a lot of furniture, pillows, decor etc. And so far I've had not one but two bad experiences with Wayfair...."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "Cleaning Connect seems to us to be a scheme for auto-charging a small business' credit card as rapidly as possible, then declaring requests for redress "SOLVED" when the scammer, cleaningconnect.com,..."
- "Just reviewing my Visa statement before phoning to dispute the charge. I see a charge from PayPal Davis Micro on the date I bought 4 dresses from Rosegal.com (via..."
- "This is a scam company. I.am sure they r all the same company. Poor quality. Fake tracking # no customer service. Google the sites and read reviews. Please pass..."