We were interested in purchasing a patio umbrella-so followed the link which showed a whitish umbrella advertised on sale at just over $100 CDN...On the first pop up page (https://www.wayfair.ca/Darby-Home-Co--DBHC4548-L127-K~DBHC4548.html?refid=TP446-DBHC4548) it showed the same umbrella with the advertised price.
Clicked on the pic and it changed to a lime green version at that price. also showed other color versions so we looked at them and decided on the red version and put it in the "cart" then at check out the price had changed to 138$. Assuming an error i went back to all the color versions and found that-although identical in every way the prices were all different for the various colors. AND in fact the white one shown in the page referenced above was $162.99 (!!!!).
So , misleading advertising at the least- and selling identical items (in every way but color) is something ive never seen before. Next morning, i called customer service to verify this is in fact how Wayfair Canada does business, and got a semi-hostile and argumentative justification ( ie.manufacturers may charge a different price for different color materials-really? to justify a $60 difference between white and lime green???) from customer rep "brandy". I ended the call by leaving my phone number and saying if wayfair would sell the red one at the advertised price of $100.99 , i would buy it.
i never heard back from anyone. So no business and nothing but bad vibes from this regular online shopper. Welcome to Canada--After this bizarre experience im predicting you will soon go the way of Target here.
No reason to shop with you guys price wise,(i see other examples of identical items-specifically an ottoman i also looked at, substantially cheaper at another large online retailer), or customer "service" wise.good luck.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Not a single thing
What I disliked
- Everything on experience
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Wayfair is becoming well known for advertising items at the wrong price, taking the order, taking payment and giving a delivery date then saying oops made a mistake and reneging..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "We were interested in purchasing a patio umbrella-so followed the link which showed a whitish umbrella advertised on sale at just over $100 CDN... On the first pop up page..."
- "Kabam is becoming to be absolutely trash, making the p2w (Pay To Win) and also being less enjoyable. Spending large amounts of money daily wouldn't even make it enjoyable. They..."
- "70,000 km, engine transmission mount bolts (2) sheared off while shifting from first to second gear in a parking lot...."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."