New Orleans, Louisiana

Update by user Jul 06, 2016

A bunch of headless chickens giving me the runaround when all I was trying to do was place an order. Never again.

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2016

I've been window shopping on Wayfair for a year. Just closed on my house, and started to order. I plan on furnishing the entire house, from scratch. That would make me a VALUABLE CUSTOMER.

First, I placed an order and used a gift card that was given by a friend. It paid for half the cost. Two days later, the order was cancelled, as my shipping and billing addresses weren't the same. I use a PO box for all of my mail and packages. NO delivery goes to my house, as I'm rarely there. Ok, no sweat. Reordered thru paypal, changed the paypal account to my work address, and asked for items to ship there. The gift card is no longer valid. Maybe it takes awhile for that to be refunded. I didn't get cash back for it, and the card won't work. Yet, I was told on the phone it was still good. Nope, it's not.

Next, I send out emails trying to resolve this. Why can't I order, and where is my gift card money? Seven emails later, and six phone calls, I get the same run around, over and over, about the addresses needing to match. Basically, they won't sell to me. I have demanded the gift card be refunded to the giver, as I'll never waste another minute on such incompetence. So, if you use a PO box, don't bother. They WILL NOT SHIP to another address. I wonder how much money I just saved myself? Idiots.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wayfair Cons: Worst experience ever.

Comments

#1181973

Update: just received an email saying that the gift card was fraudulent. My friend just emailed me a copy of the receipt.

Not only ***, but criminal, as well. She called customer service, and someone told her the money was refunded.

So the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and I guess they figure they have nothing to lose by trying to scam people. WORST company I have ever begged to take my money.